Student Code of Conduct
Updated on: Fri Jan 27, 2023
These guidelines are based on the underlying principle that ALL students and adults (staff and parents) who are involved in the English International College should be valued equally. The ethos of the College aims to ensure that students develop as independent learners and responsible citizens of the adult world.
- We should remember the basic diversity within the college.
- Physical, psychological or verbal abuse is unacceptable and not tolerated.
- Tolerance and understanding are qualities we should all aim for. Show respect for the feelings and opinions of others.
- Anti-social behaviour of any kind is not tolerated.
- We should all make sure that the College provides a happy, supportive environment for learning.
- Remember that any disruptive act is an act of selfishness. If you disturb a lesson, you are disturbing the learning of everyone in that classroom. That is not acceptable.
- Try not to monopolise attention. Everyone in your group is entitled to the teacher’s time.
- Be organised and have the necessary equipment with you. Be punctual to lessons/school and with the handing in of work.
- Make sure you always work to the best of your ability. Look after your health.
- Make the most of your talents! We must all share the responsibility for ensuring that the College is a safe and healthy environment in which to work.
- Respect and take care of all school equipment. Take special care in all practical lessons.
- Keep the campus tidy! Litter should be placed in the bins provided. Everyone should respect school property and our pleasant surroundings.
- School uniform must be worn by all students. We all contribute as individuals to the general atmosphere, high academic expectations and good working relationships within the school.
- Be a good role model
- Be polite
- Show consideration
- Aim high and take opportunities that come your way
- Respect other